Provenance app is a multi-console emulator you can use to play many console-based games on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
It works on iOS, iPadOS, or tvOS regardless of jailbreaking status, and now you can play your favorite games on your phone without a console!
- Supports several console devices.
- Improved graphics.
- Easy to download ROMs and set them.
You can use Provenance to play classic games on your iPhone. Learn all the gaming consoles supported by the Provence app.
How to install Provenance with Tutubox app
It is the easiest and fastest way to get this emulator to your phone. This way, you do not need a computer or jailbreak your phone to get it.
Just like the Tutubox app, there are few other app installers you can use to get the Provenance emulator. You can choose Tutubox or one of the app stores below and follow specific installation steps to download it error-free.
For the Tutubox app, follow this;
- On your phone, go to the Tutubox download page, use guidelines to install it on your phone.
- Open Tutubox; in the search bar, type Provenance.
- Click Get to install the emulator on your phone.
How to install Provenance with the CokernutX app
Same as the previous app installer, you can find the Provenance emulator on the CokernutX app.
- If you don’t have CokernutX on your phone, download it here.
- Open the CokernutX app and search for the emulator.
- Click the Get button and go along with the installation steps.
Install Provenance using Altstore app
If you still prefer to get apps as IPA files using a PC or Mac, you can use the Altstore to get Provenance on your device.
For this method to succeed, you must have a computer, Altstore installed on your PC, and a Phone: Learn how to get Altstore.
- Download Provenance.IPA file to your iPhone or iPad from the above link.
- Once you have the downloaded IPA file, launch Altstore.
- Navigate to the My Apps tab.
- Click + from the top left corner; you should see the earlier downloaded IPA file here.
- Tap Provenance IPA to get started.
- Give it a few seconds to install. Once it is done, you can see the installed Provenance app in the My Apps section.
How to import ROMs
There are few ways to add ROMs to the emulator. Either you can do this single game at a time, or you can upload several games at once in the bulk upload option.
Download from an IPA library
The easiest way to download game ROMs is from an IPA repo and copy it to the Provenance app. Use the below steps to use this method.
- Open your browser.
- Visit a trustworthy IPA repository.
- Download your favorite game ROM to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Once the game download is finished, there are two methods you can add it to Provenance.
- Tap it, select the option Open in Provenance. This will add the game to the emulator. Or,
- Long tap the downloaded IPA, click More, and pick the option Copy to Provenance.
- That’s it! Use this method to add any game to your Provenance emulator.
- No need to jailbreak your phone.
- Full speed emulation with good and precise graphics.
- Compatible devices run on iOS 10, iPadOS 10, or higher.
- Supports smart TVs’ runs on Apple tvOS.
- It is easy to navigate through the app and add games.
- Stereo sound for compatible devices.
- Now, you can play your favorite games with your friends with multiplayer options.
- You can record the gameplay and send it with others over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Not all games require Wi-Fi because it runs some online multiplayer games on local servers.
- You can save the last states of a game and continue playing where you stopped. It supports any storage type to game pause or freezing.
- Adjust screen as you like with multi orientations.
- Several options(Upload, Download, Copy, and Inject) to manage game ROMs.
It is possible to use the Provenance app to play several console games from back in the day. It supports many retro consoles, and we listed some of them below. To learn the full list of supported consoles, you can visit here.
- Nintendo (SNES, NES, GBA, N64, Pokémon mini and more)
- Sega (Genesis)
- PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
Frequently asked questions
No, you do not need to jailbreak your device to use Provenance.
You can avoid any mistakes and confusion by following the installation guide given in installation provenance. Perform all steps during installation.